Permits, Overloads and Waitlists

MSE 2001 

MSE Courses Other than MSE 2001

MSE 2001

Waitlisting has been enabled for MSE 2001. No overloads are available for any section of MSE 2001.

·  Click here for instructions to identify course sections that use the waitlist option.

·  Click here for instructions to waitlist for the course section.

View Your Place on The Waitlist - To see where you are on the waitlist, use the instructions:

  • Log onto Buzzport.
  • Select Registration - OSCAR.
  • Select Student Services & Financial Aid.
  • Select Registration.
  • Select Student Detail Schedule. It will show you your place on the waitlist on that screen

All sections of MSE 2001, except for section G and O, are restricted to the following majors that REQUIRE MSE 2001 for their curriculum (not as an elective) during fall and spring semesters (MSE 2001 is not major restricted during summer semester ONLY):

  • Aerospace Engineering
  • Biomedical Engineering
  • Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Materials Science & Engineering
  • Nuclear & Radiological Engineering
  • Polymer & Fiber Engineering


Section G is restricted to the following major only (no major restriction overrides are given):

  • Materials Science and Engineering

Section O of MSE 2001 is restricted to the following majors:

  • Computer Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Industrial Engineering     

Other MSE Courses

All other MSE course requests for permits, overloads, prerequisite override requests, etc. should be requested at

In your request, please include the following. REQUESTS WITHOUT COMPLETE INFORMATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED:

  1.  Name
  2. Tech ID number
  3. Course Name/Number/CRN/Section Number
  4. Type of Permit needed
  5. Request explanation
  6. Major


  • How do I get a permit from another department?

See the Registrar's Office permits by department website for information about permits by department.

  • How do I get an overload for a full class?

For an MSE class, send your request (with the complete included information above) to

For a class in another department, see the Registrar's Office website for information about permits by department.

  • How do I get a prerequisite override for a course?

You must contact the individual instructor for the course that you want the prereq override for and ask permission (course instructor listings and email addresses can be found on OSCAR). If the instructor approves, they will email the Academic Office personally to give you the override for you to register.

  • When do major restrictions lift?

The major restrictions are never lifted or waived for MSE courses. A major permit request can be sent (with the complete included information above) to


For additional information on the MSE Undergraduate Program contact:
Associate Chair for Undergraduate Programs
Enrollment Manager, Undergraduate Program
FAX: 404-894-9140
Additionally, you can complete the MSE Undergraduate program online information request form.